eiWorkflow Solutions, LLC is a cloud software consulting firm based in Albany, NY. eiWorkflow Solutions, LLC is currently looking for a consultant for the following role in Albany, NY.
Unisys COBOL Workflow Programmer
Tasks the role will be performing:
The Programmer will be responsible to:
• Work with IT staff to obtain an overview of the VR Fiscal mainframe system.
• Analyze existing VR UNISYS mainframe programs to identify the code to be modified to implement the processing changes including streamlining the business process resulting in operational efficiencies.
• Working with finance staff in the district offices, analyze, design and implement new programs or updates to existing programs to help with payment reconciliation. Due to previous changes required by business processes were changed and new programs were put into place to get the job done.
• Create and implement a test plan for quality assurance of all necessary changes. Coordinate with IT staff and VR staff for testing purposes.
• Analyze, modify and test changes to meet the revised post office addressing standard.
• Daily Operational Issues: Troubleshoot and respond to daily operational issues such as: handling IDL errors, file restores, data mismatches caused by reverts, data investigation, nightly cycle processing and issue resolution.
• Streamline batch cycle processes which will include detailed analysis, code modification, and testing of several system components.
• Organize documentation efforts to insure easy maintenance for future modifications.
The consultant will analyze, plan, code and test COBOL and XGEN online and offline programs. Rigorous and thorough testing of program modules is key to a successful implementation.
Requirements for the position:
If interested, please send your resume along with your expected all-inclusive rate and three professional references. Please include your current location, your expected all-inclusive hourly rate and your rate type (W2 or C2C) in your submission. Please note that submissions without the above requested information might not be considered complete.
Date First Created: 11/06/2016